The Kelly O’Neil Cup is given to best overall Racing Team. Kelly O’Neil Henson, 1957-2004, was a much beloved photographer of sailing, and boating enthusiast. Her boat, “Smile”, was a fixture at sailing events locally as well as around the globe. Her photographs regularly appeared in 48 North, as well as other publications. It is in her memory and honor that this award exists.
How it works:
The cup is for best team racing. Each participating yacht club must declare which 3 boats from their organization will be competing. The award is presented to the club team scoring the lowest points over the course of the regatta. The cup actually travels to the winning yacht club for the year. The 3 boats must be declared prior to the first race, preferably at the Skippers meeting on Friday evening.
Download a PDF copy of the Kelly O’Neil Team Registration Form and bring it with you when you check in. Additional blank forms will be available at check-in.
Congratulations to previous winners:
- 2015 – Bellingham Yacht Club: Blackfoot and Vitesse
- 2014 – Bellingham Yacht Club: Blackfoot, Tumbleweed and Vitesse
- 2013 – Bellingham Yacht Club: Blackfoot, Tumbleweed and Vitesse
- 2012 – Oak Harbor Yacht Club: Magic Juan, Renaissance and Mayhem!
- 2011 – Oak Harbor Yacht Club: Magic Juan, Renaissance and Skamakowa
- 2010 – CYC Seattle: Tantivy, Rubicon and Flash
- 2009 – No winner, no races were successfully completed.
- 2008 – Anacortes Yacht Club: Grafix, Lowly Worm and Cat Sass
- 2007 – Sloop Tavern Yacht Club: Tuesday, Three Ring Circus, Moore Uff Da
- 2006 – Anacortes Yacht Club:
- 2005 – Anacortes Yacht Club: Teddy Bear, Flashpoint, Handyman